Sunday, July 13, 2008

The New Voice of the Fans

There may not be a better anthem for the 2008 Cleveland Indians than the one posted below.

For your viewing pleasure, I present you..."I Miss My Players/Homies" by 87Hizzetfield of Youtube:



Some thoughts:

--I'm not defending Mark Shapiro here, but he's actually only traded away 1 Cleveland Indian so far this year, C.C. Sabathia. Unless 87Hizzetfield is singing about injured players, Jason Michaels, or just the "spirit" of the team as a whole, there's no need to pluralize.
--The line about C.C. being "in a better place" is a bit confusing. This guy must have had a really great time in Milwaukee recently. Or maybe he's just a dairy enthusiast.
--If you didn't laugh out loud at what I consider the climax of the song, "trade David Dellucci, he sucks," then you need to reevaluate your life.
--Is it just me or did the song get really rocking there at the end? Very "Barracuda."
--Bottom line: there's no denying the appeal of "I Miss My Players/Homies". This somber yet heartfelt song should be played at Insurance Company Field after every Indians loss for the remainder of the year. It's the perfect tune to slowly stroll out of the stands to after an agonizing defeat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. Somebody should at least comment.

The Bitter Producer said...

I hate to quote Simon Cowell, but i need to borrow one of his trademake lines

"That was Ghastly"

Anonymous said...

jason michaels is the man and he will punch your face out.