Wednesday, July 30, 2008

And "The Cool Dude of the Year Award" Goes To...


... the (Browns) asked the 29-year-old Davis to accept a base salary for this season of US$1.675 million - down from the $3 million he agreed to when he signed a five-year contract extension in 2005. On top of that, the Browns trimmed two years off his deal.

Davis' response?

"Money's the last thing on our mind,"..."I'm not worried," said the likable Davis, who is active in the Cleveland community and may be the most approachable player on the Browns' roster. "My wife (Monique) and I have hardly touched any of the signing bonus..."

Wow, are you serious? Davis says and does the kind of things all pro sports fans claim they would if given the chance to play games for a living.

Me personally -- I would have slapped Phil Savage in the face and burned down Berea. Then I'd hold a press conference accusing Romeo Crennel of hitting on me.

But not Andra Davis. He just wants to play football and hang out in Cleveland. And that's why he's the recipient of this year's "Cool Dude Award."

No comments: