Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You...Dave Burba

International man of wonder, Dave Burba, was recently featured in a "Where are they now?" piece for Indians.com. The standout nugget of info that emerges from the story is definitely this:

"(Burba) recently finished filming his acting debut in an upcoming movie..."

What? Burba's going to be a movie star? Wow, I don't even know where to begin. First off -- genius casting for whatever role in whatever kind of movie this is. I mean, really, what took this long to put Burba in front of a camera anyway? I guarantee you in two years Hollywood producers will be kicking themselves for overlooking Burba in favor of Clooney, Pitt or McConaughey.

So I guess the real question here is just what kind of acting role could possibly be grand enough for Dave Burba? I honestly can't imagine him NOT portraying someone along the lines Genghis Khan, George Washington, or a 100-foot tall alien robot who can kill people just by thinking about it. Any part not on par with those would just be an insult.

The anticipation for this movie's release is already beginning to eat away at my consciousness. The only thing keeping me from total self-destruction is knowing that next year's Oscar for Best Actor is already secured.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I swore I saw Mr Burba that the Golden Globes last night!
Dave is the man. Maybe he can take Silent Bob's place in the next movie!